Sir Walter - A soft leaf (winter active, low thatch) buffalo turf.
- Sir Walter Soft Leaf Buffalo was born and bred in Australia, under Australian conditions so it has excellent drought tolerance compared to other Buffalo Lawns.
- Because it is winter active it maintains its colour longer than other Buffalo Turf and does not go purple in winter.
- The low thatch growth habit makes it a low maintenance lawn arriving in turf rolls that are strong and easy to lay. The softer leaves means an ideal surface for children to play on.
- Sir Walters drought tolerance, herbicide tolerance and fungus resistance means that this is one of the most environmentally friendly turf grasses available.
- The crisp green colour of Sir Walter makes this a most attractive lawn in summer and winter.
As Perth's Original Supplier, we can guarantee you are getting the Original Sir Walter.
Prices: < 40m2 is $11m2 or > 40m2 is $10.50m2
For larger orders fill in our contact form or give me a call for the best price.
Wintergreen (Cynodon dactylon)
- Very popular hard wearing fine leaf couch.
- Good winter colour retention.
- Prefers full sun with a minimum of 5 hours direct sunlight required in lightly shaded areas.
- Regular mowing and light fertilising will minimise thatch build up.
- Dense surface minimises weed invasion.
- Tolerant to most selected herbicides.
Kikuyu (Pennisetum clandestunum)
- Suited to commercial areas and large domestic verges
- Medium maintenance, but tends to thatch if not mown regularly
- Needs minimum of 5-6 hours of direct sunlight
- Excellent wear
- Good winter colour retention
All varieties mentioned are hardy, drought tolerant runner varieties which are ideally suited for warm climates and sand soils.
To find out more contact us